R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - hpi sprint 2 sport questions (parts interchange or upgrades)
Old 02-19-2011, 07:54 PM
redron123
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 87 (99%+)
Default hpi sprint 2 sport questions (parts interchange or upgrades)

I have searched here and online (with no luck) looking for someone who could tell me some better quality knuckles and c hubs that will not wear out for this car. I was wondering if one of the better manufacturers parts would interchange from other cars. I currently run this car in vta and it fits the bill. I know their are better cars out there but i didn't know if i would like on road that much so i'm starting here. I see on ebay that gpa has full alum upgrade kits with arms, knuckles,C hubs and one piece shafts. I just don't want to add that much weight especially for vta. I was thinking about the one piece shafts and the alum knuckles and maybe some rpm ball ends so they wont pop off. I put a faster motor in this weekend and did some club touring car racing and the camber link ball ends kept popping off and the tie rod ball ends and then finaly the knuckle just plain wore out where the screw goes up through it.That caused the axle to pop out constantly. I had fun though. I was hoping their was some better interchangeable parts from some other car i could upgrade with. I dont plan on racing sedan with it but its fast pace showed me its weak spots that i need to beef up to stay in one piece for vta. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.