R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Would like to get into the sport. Where should I start?
Old 02-18-2011, 10:10 AM
Crazycajun322
Tech Adept

Default Would like to get into the sport. Where should I start?

This isnt actually about rc cars, which I have been doing for quite some time, but motocross. I joined the off-road forums, but those guys suck and never respond, and rctech is like my family now, so for you motocross guys out there, here is my question:I am 16 years old, and have been riding off road ATVs since I was six(utility ones). Some of my friends ride motorcross, and it has always been something that i wanted to try. There is a track not too far away that has 4 different tracks for different levels of riding. Our neighbors park a camper up there and go practically every weekend during the season. I decided that this would be the perfect opportunity to try out the sport. Like i said, i have been riding off road vehicles since i was young, and know the basics of riding a dirtbike, but im not sure which area i should go into. Quads or bikes? I have more experience on quads, but i like the ideas of racing bikes much better. Which do you think is better for me? And where should i get started to get into the sport?