R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - LRP SXX V2 for 1/12th Stock - Opinion
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2011, 12:19 AM
Donny Lia
Tech Regular

I ran the new SXX SS V.2 at the Snowbirds in 1/12th 13.5 and was really impressed. I ended up qualifying 5th and finishing 5th in the A.

It had tons of top end and really good rip.Speed wise I was not out horsepowered by anyone. I hot lapped atleast 2 maybe 3 of the 4 qualifying rounds and was on a Tq pace a few times but just never could put a whole run together. Then for the main i took a shot to find even more speed and missed the rollout/motor timing.

I am not saying it is faster than the Tekin's, but I think it has the potential to be just as good for the time being. I ran Tekin's for the last 3 years and still do sometimes as well and they are really stout, no doubt about it, but at this point I cannot say the Tekin's are hands down better.

Both speedo's have pro's and con's, but what I can tell you is the LRP is alot more user friendly to setup and run. Not needing an interface and pc to make changes is really nice. Also not needing to run a receiver pack is great too.

I am running the SXX SS V.2 in mod as well, same speedo. In mod I run it in the lowest settings (1,1) and it is ultra smooth. So really you can run the same speedo in boosted classes and in full mod in this case, atleast it is working for me.

Like I said at this point I think the LRP and Tekin are really close to equal in the Boosted classes. If I had to say one was faster over an 8 min run right now I would say still the Tekin, but I think more testing and knowledge learned for rollout/motor timing will close the small gap that may be there.

This is all my honest unbiased opinion as I am not sponsored by either Tekin or LRP at the moment but both companies have helped me out alot currently and in the past and sincerely thank them for that.

If anyone has any other questions about the SXX SS V.2 I will try to help as best I can.
Thanks,