R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Drama Thread
Thread: Drama Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2011, 10:59 AM
BrentH
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by snoopyrc
As part of the club with a history of back problems, and as a Chiropractor. I took it upon myself to make a tool for turnmarshaling. I took a little shrub rake with the soft plastic rake portion and then put a section of swim noodle on it to pad it. I think I was succesful at making something that will not bust up your race ride, but half the time the car is in a position that you have to bend over for it anyway. So overall it was a fail, but it was nice to have something to lean on. Shepherd's crook. I may start using it again.
If I remember right I saw you at the outdoor tt with it! I give ya an A for ingenuity and effort!

Turnmarshalling is what it is. But our community as a whole can do a better job!

We gotta start with ourselves! Lead by example! And teach the young kids the right way.

Basic list of do's and don'ts that we are all guilty of:

Do Not:
-Have a conversation while marshalling.
-Watch the race (I know its hard but focus on your area)
-Sit down. I don't care if its a club and there's a chair there.
-Work on a car that has broke. Set it aside and if they wanna come get it fine. But, its a dis-service to those still running if you neglect your spot.
-Don't go out of your area to marshal.
-Don't leave to the race is over.

Do

-Do watch your corner. Pretend every car that goes by is you!
-Do give the right of way to vehicles coming through while marshalling a wrecked car.
-Do the best ya can and don't get hurt!

As drivers: Do not yell at the marshalls! They didn't wreck you. Can you try and get there attention, yeah but don't get angry.