R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE
Old 02-17-2011, 03:55 AM
daleburr
Tech Master

Originally Posted by venom54
"but dead as a dodo on 119 !!!!!!"
I did some running last night with the Novak Sentry data logger installed (although not much running as someone stopped on the straight... I hit them at 48mph according to the logger, which meant a lengthy repair).

Firmware is 0119.
Motor is SP v3 10.5
FDR 6.5
Track is large (50m straight - top speed about 50mph).

I initially ran with a Boost Start of 3000 and an End RPM (calculated) of 11000. Boost was set to 40 "degrees" and boost ramp to 200RPM/deg.

The Sentry showed that my revs on the infield ranged from about 8000 to 25000. So, I adjusted the Boost Start to 9000, giving an End RPM of 17000. This should have given zero boost out of the slowest corners for maximum torque, and ensured that all of the boost is used on the small infield straights.

The effect on track... nothing, it felt exactly the same, the laptimes were the same, and the acceleration curves from the data logger looked the same.

On the 518 a change this big would have been very noticable.

I very rarely understand any of the drivel that Irgo writes... but in this case he almost seems to be correct. The Boost Start isn't doing very much that I can feel or measure.

Next week I'll try turning all of the boost off and running 60 "degrees" of turbo with no delay and a soft turbo ramp. If the problem is that the boost is coming in too early, this should bring the bottom-end back that the 119 is missing.