R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TAMIYA M-06 Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2011, 11:15 PM
Granpa
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Laguna Bozo
Wow Grandpa, you've gone and done it! Stirred up the hornets... with a vengeance. Never have I had so much fun reading on the Mini forum (And I only just found out that there was an M06 thread... you've really been busy).

The TCS is pretty dead and only gets attention just before race time. Silver Can just doesn't have anything to say these days. But Mini is HOT. All The Aussies chip'n in, Belgium & Europa, GB, and Sir Swifty chatty as can be - cool stuff. But shouldn't we combine the 03, M05 and M06 into ONE forum? I think we all have the same interest (Tamiya Minis), so lets keep it vibrant and one-stop.

Question: Is there really a front/back to the TA03 ball diff thrust bearing? One side is "flat"" and the other has a bevel, but does it make any difference which way it is installed? And the cone washers, three or four? When you use wheel bearings as thrust bearings (old Dave Jun trick), even the good blue shield Tamiya bearings won't last very long - "crunchy" quickly.

Bling Rules!!
Well I'm pleased you enjoyed my efforts to, as Stitchy puts it, stir the pot a little. Won't be posting much for awhile cause there are too many projects that need my attention. Like to do some posting cause it helps me organize my thoughts and give careful consideration to what I'm posting. After all, no one wants to look like an idiot, tho that doesn't seem to stop some.

Projects waiting to be done are converting one of my M03L cars to a MWB and replacing those electronics with those I'm buying for the M06. I'll use those in the M06. Sorting out the M05 MWB cause that car is just EVIL. Even Kevin Nino, the M05 master except for Brandon, couldn't get it too much better. Hoping the diff change and a couple of other things that will remain hidden behind these blood shot eyes will transform it. If I'm wrong, that way I'll not look like an idiot. If it works, then we'll just add them to the bag of "tricks" to be shared in time and when the mood hits. Then there's a new M05L to build cause I had my other M05L working very well before I changed to the MWB and made an evil, bite the hand that feeds it, SOB of a car. Then there's the M06 to build. Also the Xevo to go thru

As to your question, it shouldn't make a difference. If it does the beveled side shold go towards th small cone washers.