R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Best 1\10 crawler for under $200.00?
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2011, 08:44 PM
handicrawler
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Fullthrottle_11
Thanks for all of the input. We found a Losi night crawler on the for sale forum for $190.00 with a 5000 lipo. It arrived today and what a great deal, looks like it had maybe one pack through it.
Good choice and a great price for a beginning rock crawler! If you decide you want to take your truck to the next level there are a couple of inexpensive ways you can upgrade it.

On the stock tires, upgrade to the Rovers (soft compound) tires. They are fairly inexpensive and work great new or used. I would couple them with some Crawler Innovation Double Duece 5.5" foams. Trim 1/4" off the inner foam for the narrow stock losi rims. Rovers love those foams on these trucks!!

You can also stop by a local tire store and pick up some stick weights. Most will give to you for free. Add 6-8 oz per front wheel and 2-3 oz per rear wheel.

Upgrading your stock losi motor for more wheel speed is another good hop up. The integy 35t V11 motor is a great way to start for only $20 new at most hobby shops or online. Use the stock pinion gear and it works great.

I did all these upgrades to both of the Losi Night Crawlers I had and both were crawling beasts. I have won a few competitions in Sportsman class with both of my trucks with just those 3 mods.

Rovers @ RPPHobby.com $14.99/pair (on sale right now, reg $17.99)
CI Double Duece 5.5" foams @ RPPHobby.com $24.95/set of 4
Integy Matrix Pro Lathe Motor 35t @RPPHobby.com $18.99

I am not endorsing RPP, but they have great service and good prices. Your LNC will perform just fine sitting stock, but if you ever decide you want to compete with it, for less than $75 you can make it comp worthy!

If you have any questions on set up or anything here, please fire me a pm and I will be happy to help any way I can!

Peace.