R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - stock motors . mod motors - feedback needed
Old 05-06-2004, 09:42 AM
Babylou
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default stock motors . mod motors - feedback needed

Looking for for new info on stock and 19T motors. Anyone suggest a few decent ones?? I will be running a t3/T4 on a dirt road coarse. IT actually is a course more designed for 1/8th scale. So, normally wide open throughout most of the course. I was testing last night a fantom stock (older - rebuilt) and a monster stock. I was running stock gearing with a 17 and 19 tooth pinnion. Seemed that the motor was getting to warm.. Didn't seem to have the speed. Normally I race inside on carpet. THis is my first time out on the dirt. I ran over the weekend on an indoor dirt track and burned a monster pro up in a 7 min main with over a min to go.. I believe I was running a 19T in that when it fried. The indoor track is more 1/10th scale size.
any tips on motors and gearing appreciated to test....

Looking at the Mon. pro, P2K2 and the integy motors as well. I ahve some feed back on the MP and p2k2, need some for the Integy motors on which ones and any setup info for dirt racing... and gearing... My motors seem to be getting too hot at 5 min.. but for a 7 min main it is way to hot.....

Scott