R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - HPI's new F1
Thread: HPI's new F1
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2011, 01:47 AM
schrammy79
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Exclamation This is my ride

Raced it for the first time 2 weeks ago against Tamiya and 3Racing chasis's and out of the box you will find it very hard to find rear grip. Unless you back right off and coast through the turns you will spin out and result very poor lap times 38 secs (last) with the other brands running fast 23-25 secs laps, During the night I was able to get the super hards to perform scrub in and perform a best lap time of 33secs. After spinning out int he 3rd qualifier and constantly running last and being the first round of the season I saw know piont of continuing.

$250.00 later and waiting on parts to arrive have upgraded all available options in the hope of finding rear grip.If I can't get it with tuning the ball diff and soft tyres I will go and get the Exotek FX10 and convert to foams as I race on asphalt in the evening from 6pm at night. I run a 17.5 LRP V12brushless,Novak GTB esc, savox low profile servo (no servo saver )and spektrum receiver.

Any idea's what complete rim and tyre foam tyres will fit the HPI F10 ( link me) I purchase from USA,ebay, and Hong Kong

I desperatly want to acheive a win for the F10 as HPI is not reperseted well at my club and I really like the brand.

Chris