R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Fullthrottle Motorsports
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2011, 08:53 AM
fastasu2
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

hey Bill, just wanted to let you know we ran our region 11 ROAR On road Champsionships yesterday. What a long day, We headed out 2:30AM yestedray morning, going to Seattle and back at 1:30AM this morning. Anyway, We got up there and once the track open for practice it was a mad rush to get track time before racing started. By looking at the race from Wednesday night we could see that the local fast guys were in the area of 13.6-7's to be competitive. BY the end of practice I turning 13.2's with everyone else also dropping thier lap times in the mid 13's also. During the first qualifier I had hit a wall the the motor stopped working. I thought it was the sensor wire, replaced it and thought evrything was good. Put car down for the second and realized everytime the car stopped, it seemed to cog for about 2 sec before it would go again. I tried to stay off the boards and keep the car rolling and managed to win the heat and put myself second on the grid. I went back to the pits and tore the motor down and low and behold found that I had broke the sensor board, replaced that and got ready for the last qualifier. 3rd round they did the reshuffle and I had at least put myself with the fast group. With a good motor and fast setup, I was able to lay it down in the 3rd taking the TQ spot by 4 sec over the 2nd place car. During this round I was able to get not one but several 13.1's during the race. Time for the main, and the only way to really say it was I choked!. While leading the frieght train around the track, hit a board and fell to third. Came back to second and caught the leader and everytime I would catch him I would tap a board and fall behind and then catch again with the same result. Bottom line car was fast, still running the D3 and clearly one of the fastest cars in the stock class.

Tim