R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Fantasy World 2004 Race Season
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2004, 10:25 PM
drfritz
Tech Master

Originally posted by rosecity
Thanks Sorcerer001 for the promotion on behalf of RCSR. I'll see if I can answer some of the questions that have come up on this thread.
There will be power the club has a generator and I'll bring mine for a total of 8k. Bring your own cord and mutiple outlet.
We are going to have a bar-b-que on site you can get food and drink without leaving the lot.
Classes, needless to say we don't have 60 to 80 racers(yet) so classes are handled the best way we can. We will have Sport Stock(novice) and stock. Modified class will run with Pan cars like a lemans(multiple class) if ther are not sufficent mods to run a class.
Nitro sedan and 1/8th open will have a class.
The track will have a pass through to accomodate electric and nitro class. Wes designed a track at Liberty High that all classes loved.
A 19turn class is unlikely.
Thanks for the offer of use of you drivers stand. We just paid 1200 last year to have one built and the club members are pretty happy with it. Although I'd like to bolt it to a bus some time.
This race is a high profile event that we have worked hard on promoting. I have been working with the after school coordinator for the school district on funding for an RC club. We expect up to 50 prospective student racers and their parent to come to the race to see if they are interested in forming this club. This could be a tremendous boost for the sport in the Northwest. If this program is well recieved it would be possible to branch out to other schools and possibly have a High school championship in the future. These are the racers who will add to the on-road ranks.
Your participation in this race would be greatly appreaciated.

Larry Fellows
na on the bus, lets bolt it onto a blown rat powerd vega!!!!! mmmmmmmmm the fastest 1/4 mile drivers stand on the west
coast....