R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - PT Raceway NEW TRACK Level Green, Murrsyville, Pittsburgh, Penn Trafford, Irwin
Old 02-09-2011, 06:32 PM
Ostach24
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 104 (100%+)

[QUOTE=rcmark17;8627626]
Originally Posted by Ostach24

all good points all true but still they can run together with no problem just gear them right and like you said clean them out
The 2010 Short-Course Nationals Rules (revised 4-21-10)
2wd Stock (SC10, Blitz, Strike, SCx, Slash, Ultima SC, & Pro-2wd type vehicles and similar)
Electronics:
Open to all servos, brushless speed controls, Transmitters/Receivers (the use of a 2.4GHZ Radio System is strongly encouraged).
Battery:
6 – 7 cell NiMH Style Battery Packs or 2-Cell LiPo or LiFe Type Battery Packs Only.
Motor:
Must use a 17.5 Turn ROAR Approved Brushless Motor From ANY Manufacturer. Labeling On The Motor Must be Clear. A 27 Turn ROAR Legal brushed motor of any type is also allowed.
Tires:
Must use OEM tires from the SC10, Blitz, Strike, SCx, etc... Any combination of these tires on any vehicle is allowed.
NOTE: HPI D-compound, belted, standard RTR tire, Part Number #103337 ONLY from the Blitz.
S Compound Traxxas tires are not allowed.
Body:
Full fender short course inspired bodies only.
Chassis/Suspension:
Open to any and all option parts intended for the use on SC vehicles
Minimum Weight:
2100g Minimum Weight
NOTE:
Other vehicles conforming to the above mentioned rules and specs may be allowed pending race director’s approval.
This is ROAR s.c. national rules. So if they say that a 27turn brushed and 17.5 are equal i hope we can all agree it is.
The only thing we are changing with these rules is that only 2s and 6 cell are legal in stock. if you run a stock motor and a 3s or 7 cell you will be considered modified.
I will find their 2wd truck buggy and all other rules I can and we will stay close with them. They set the standard for everything we are used to running, and how we had our rules already set up. the only difference is we ran into some stuff they dont have to deal with. They can say you only have 3s or 7 cell lipo, see ya later. we want to adjust accordingly when needed to our racers, within reason of course.