R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Micro servo for throttle
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2011, 03:49 AM
got_nitro
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by airboy808
Was wondering if it would be possible to use a micro servo for the throttle on ch3. And having two independent triggers (one for gas and one for brake).

I guess I am wondering if there would be an advantage to loading up the clutch when going into the turn on the brakes. Then on exit releasing the brakes.

Just wondering....
As you know, nitro engines spool up instantly if they are tuned right. When and how fast you want it to grab coming out of a corner is up to your throttle finger, speed of the throttle servo and the clutch springs you use. The only thing you will be doing if this was even possible is wearing out your clutch creating more heat, putting stress on the micro servo, chewing up more battery MAH, and adding weight. Even though a micro servo has small weight, it still counts.

Being that your brakes when applied stop the front and rear accordingly, if you had power and brake going into the driveline you would have the front locking up and the rear spinning.

To answer your question if it's possible, probably. If it was something to make you faster I think it would have been done many moons ago and available on all modles.