R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Serpent 710
Thread: Serpent 710
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2004, 05:48 AM
markp27
Tech Elite

Originally posted by BaxterC
REALLLY nice pick... this looks real good. I like the photoshop filter you added... How did the car run the weekend.
No filter - it's the power of the D1

The run was fantastic!!!! The car is absolutely fantastic. Going through the 90kmh left kink (see right in pic below)
http://www.macn.de/April2004.jpg
there is a bump (due to the 1:5 scale cars braking there) - the 710's rear end was flicked up and got completely sideways....without me having to correct the steering, it just came back in line by itself. This car is really stable!

At first my lines through the corners were far too tight, as the 705 didn't have so much grip, therefore with the 710 I was going too slow Sorted that out pretty quick.

I spent a lot of time working on the setup and running stuff in, so I only got about 5-6 tanks and as it started to rain, then the day was cut short after six hours Rain also led to an accident which cost me a rim but the 710 remained intact

I hope to go to the circuit tomorrow after work - but the weather is going to play a big role in that

You're really going to love this car - but take your time in putting it together and it'll pay you back 1000 fold!

Cheers, Mark.