R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE
Old 02-06-2011, 03:31 AM
TryHard
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Graham Oliver
I'm no lawyer and certainly not an expert in US law as I live in the UK, but as far as I know if it can be shown that an idea or concept was already known about or in existing use or in the public domain prior to any patent application, then it would be extremely difficult to enforce any such patent in a court of law. It's quite interesting to note that the patent in question pertains to the USA only - I have no idea what the implications of this are, but I find it very strange that if anybody comes up with what they consider to be an innovative, new and absolutely unique technique or process that they do not apply for for a worldwide patent ?

Maybe someone on this forum with more knowledge of US law could comment...
Technical term is prior art (I've had a bit of exposure to IP defences at work, and picked a few patents apart)... now, looking at the date of the application, I'm trying to recall when the KO brushed esc were avaliable on the market... as that's pretty much obvious prior art there, as they could be programed by the RX connector.

Also agree, don't see a patent issue date... so assuming it's a pat pending document.

On another interesting point, if it was to come through, then the only ESC bar the Castles that would be legal are the GM's, as they are programmed via the sensor port, and the application is pretty explicite about using the RX port..