R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2011, 02:37 AM
DARKSIDE
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DARKSIDE
what is the trophy looking like this year?....and is it 1st - 10th like last year?...or 1st - 5th like in 09?....will trophy be for all the mains?.....any new details?...any sponsors?...early sign up?...hotel sponsor?.....will it be on Liverc or ustream?.....

I know this is alot...but they keep asking....oh yeah what is the weather going to be like in April...

here are my Scale Nats trophies....are we doing these?...the other is the BTH 10 trophy...those are cool as well...

just asking cause Im hyped about going north again...and dont mind the 3rd place...it will be 1st this year...in both classes...j/k...Ill be happy with an "A" main finish....

any info I can pass along Sunday will be great...cya
Originally Posted by ercwhtsd
Nats will be on Liverc

Hotel is once again the Gurnee Grand, make sure you mention Harbor Hobbies for the $55 room rate.

If everything comes together, you will not want to miss this one. Remember the "curbs of death"....................only better
thanks Eric

Originally Posted by DARKSIDE
so EW, are we running it the same way last year?...I dont know many running one-ways,...but if its faster...hey, Ill get one...just saying..lol
???????????????????

Originally Posted by DougH
I'm in the process of building up my old TC3 for VTA racing and am a bit confused about gearing. Nearest I can find is that I should be running a 64 pitch 80/50 combo. I'm really not that familiar with brushless motors and am wondering what characteristics do they have from bushed motors that call for gearing so far out oif the original Associated recommended range?

Original standard gear was a 72 spur (48 pitch) which I guess would mean a 42/43 pinion. Are these available or just will not fit? (again AE recommended a 19-28 pinion range)

Do the brushless motors just have tons more torque to spin the gearing?
pm Indy and he will hook you up...

another question......for Indy in Feb and the Scale Nats in April....will tire tread be teched?...or does it matter?.....or and that one-way thing?...legal or foul?