R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hyper TT 4wd 1/10th Truggy Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2011, 09:21 PM
Fleshgearf150
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Used Up Junk
I finally got my Hyper out to the track today for some testing. After a really fast lap and a half I snagged a rut with the rear wheel and snapped a rear axle stub right between the bearings!!!! God was I mad, after saving up cash to get the truck and being very excited about finally hitting the track with it I got a whopping 30 seconds of runtime out of it haha.....Don't get me wrong I am not knocking Ofna and am not throwing a fit about the truck, just REALLY irritated that I didn't even get a chance to get a feel for the truck. It looks like there is a casting flaw in the stub, that's noones fault it happens sometimes. I will be switching over to the front CVA's in the rear and would advise anyone else that hasn't done this yet to switch over as well. For the guys that have done this already, did you need any other parts other than the CVA's themselves? Also was there any need to shim the CVA's to run them in the rear? The stubs are on backorder so I'm guessing I'm not the only one that had this problem haha..... On the bright side, the VERY little track time I got in today felt great and I think once I get the bugs worked out this thing will be an amazing little truck!

No joke, it was probably a fluke that that part broke. Especially that quick on a new truck. I have countless packs through my truck including cartwheels, sudden stops, being hit, etc and never broken a part on my own. The only thing that has broke was the front a-arm mount after a 1/8 buggy hit me at speed while I was upsidedown on the straight. In other words, dont despair! It was probably a fluke... these trucks can take a pounding so once you get it fixed, it WILL live up to your expectations!