R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Yokomo MR-4 TC Thread
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2001, 12:46 AM
Dave Kurschner
Tech Adept

The top mounted sway bar is supposed to reduce intial steering slightly and give better traction mid and exit of a corner. I use the low down type and I think that depending on which thickness you use, you can get it do to what you want it to without having to mount one up top. But the top mounted one works as well.

Darkside - I disagree with you slightly. Team drivers are there for one reason primarily..to sell product. Whether it be by winning big races, being helpful to other racers, or a combination therof. There's nothing unreasonable about giving team guys a new product and asking them to run it. Yes there's a risk involved when the previous car is the World Champion car, that you may or may not be able to improve upon that. But if you have a car for a couple of years, you get into a comfort zone. So its easier to use a car that you know well. But how are you going to find out whether or not the new chassis is faster unless you focus the efforts of your drivers on that product? If after dedication to the newer product, it turns out that it did not perform to the standards of the previous product, don't you think that Yokomo would address that? Yokomo Japan markets the car as MR4TC Custom. When buying a custom, you get to choose between the SP chassis kit or the World's kit. The World's chassis has not been obsoleted from Yokomo, but instead an option has been created. If the SP were to lose momentum on the racing scene for Yokomo, I wouldn't be surprised if you saw something like the Custom or an option offered from Yokomo USA as well. The SP drives great, so does the World's. Take your pick