R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Magic G4RS 2009
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2011, 06:37 AM
abi
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by NitoriousRC
Hi all, I have taken all my shocks off to clean them and replace the oils and i didnt make a good note of what bits went where~

Two shocks have gold shafts (not sure if this was standard or an after market thing as mine was s/h)

Theres also the two different bottom spring retainer thingos

So which shocks go on the front and back ... gold front silver shaft on the back?

Also which spring retainer bottoms go where .... one lot are cone shapped the other flat with lots of holes.

Mate has the same car and did the same thing ... but he found he also has two different types of bladders in the shocks ... yet to check if mine is the same.

The different shock bottom spring holder thingos i remember was similar with the Kyosho V1rr ... if i remember right its so there is two different lengths ...(maybe so it can use the same height springs all round) with perhaps the shorter gap for the front because there is less weight ????

Any help would be appreciated~

Cheers~
These 09 cars have an issue with too little droop in the front, that is the shocks go into full extension befor the car reaches the desired front droop. I,m guessing the longer shafts go in the front shocks.

Adrian