R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - MUGEN SEIKI MRX5
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2011, 04:54 AM
spar9368
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Tim, the minor tweak was also another thing I really wanted to ask you why it's keep happening to my car too, but I also forgot since I thought it wouldn't be a really big deal. Well, I hit a lot of things and yes I do break stuffs in many races, so it might be a little bit different cases. But I've also got the tweak on the same side and same amount of tweak every time. Well, I've tried new chassis, rec box and new top tray, but it was still doing the same thing after couple runs.

I noticed that my top tray was wear down a lot, as well as the middle bracket. I've literally measured the top tray, and the part where it is touching with radio tray bracket is wearing down over 1mm. I've tighten the floating screw until it becomes snug and loosen a quarter turn to have a free movement, but not lifting a lot.

After a few run, top tray, middle bracket and rec box was still 'wearing out', and even the part of chassis where rec box is touching. I've just got a feeling that it may have something to do with it.

I've also noticed that car becomes tweaked after I leave it for an hour. Say I rebuild a car and fix the tweak. Then I leave the car for about an hour and then re-checked the tweak, and there's a little bit of new tweak. But at some point this was not happening after I got rid of one piece engine mount, so I guess this is not an issue in this case.

Let me know if you can fix it. I know we can probably fix this with fixed top tray mounting, but I still would love to use floating mount, so hopefully there's a way to fix this. It doesn't bother me that much too, but it would be great if we can fix this.