R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE
Old 01-31-2011, 09:52 PM
Jack2
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TryHard
Thi isn't ment to be a bag on HW (and as far as I'm aware, they weren't the first in this.. T...n) but I figure it's a little bit of marketing

Put it this way, if all the speedos on the market can only put in a similar useful amount of actual extra timing, then whats gonna sound more impressive?
30° in 0.5° steps, or 60° in 1° steps? Only have to look back through the pages to note that everyone raved about having 60°... hey, it's more than 46°, so it's got to be better right?

Anyway, I guess as a few have realised, I'm now running a HW 120A in my car... got to say with the 5.5t motor I was using last week, felt very good and smooth, and nice brakes. Thankfully Sizheng was at the track to help get me set-up, and give advice on what to run. Not much to it really though, zero boost, 14° (or should that be steps?) of Turbo, and geared about 7.6FDR... can you say missle?
Hopefully will be able to get some more testing done before the TITC, although I've been told that HW will be there from the 14th for testing, so who know's whats in the pipeline

Regards
Ed
Hi Ed, I'm running the HW 120A speedy, with a 5.5 V.3 speed passion motor. I needed to run max punch and Timing to get the thing to get up out of the grave and getup to the speed of others, geared at 8.3-8.65.

May I ask what software are you running? I also tried 8.0 gearing, with punch on 1 and timing on 8 or so, and it was less that impressive I thought.

Cheers