R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE
Old 01-31-2011, 09:51 PM
Shawn68z
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TryHard
Thi isn't ment to be a bag on HW (and as far as I'm aware, they weren't the first in this.. T...n) but I figure it's a little bit of marketing

Put it this way, if all the speedos on the market can only put in a similar useful amount of actual extra timing, then whats gonna sound more impressive?
30° in 0.5° steps, or 60° in 1° steps? Only have to look back through the pages to note that everyone raved about having 60°... hey, it's more than 46°, so it's got to be better right?

Anyway, I guess as a few have realised, I'm now running a HW 120A in my car... got to say with the 5.5t motor I was using last week, felt very good and smooth, and nice brakes. Thankfully Sizheng was at the track to help get me set-up, and give advice on what to run. Not much to it really though, zero boost, 14° (or should that be steps?) of Turbo, and geared about 7.6FDR... can you say missle?
Hopefully will be able to get some more testing done before the TITC, although I've been told that HW will be there from the 14th for testing, so who know's whats in the pipeline

Regards
Ed
Ill take the 60 deg with 1 deg steps as per the manual. Timing may not be everything but when I am getting run down on straight by lesser drivers, it is a power thing. And proper application of gearing and timing makes power. 1/12 1S 17.5 REQUIRES 60 deg total timing. If the 119 software cant do that, then come clean and say it cant do it. I would have stayed with the 1224, with 46 deg ( if thats correct), and the 15 deg end bell. Its real close to the tekins, but not quite...

1S racing is very different then 2S. On 1S it takes alot to fry a motor, since you dont have the raw power available from the battery. I would never dream of running 60 deg timing in my TC!

The extra timing allows more boost (I would like to run 45-50 deg boost), allowing my car to have a higher RO. This will provide the needed rip out of the corner, while still having the high speed for the straight.

Shawn