R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tekin Rx8 & T8 2650kv kit on 6s OR MMM combo 2650kv on 6s ?????
Old 01-31-2011, 07:00 PM
The Overclocker
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by DrKnow65
Well, it's a loaded question The 1524 will put down more watts for sure. Far more than the 1518 will.

But you cross a point of diminishing returns. If 2500 watts will propel your buggy well beyond the limits of it's drive train, down force, and available tires, does having a motor capable of 4000 watts produce higher performance than a motor ONLY capable of producing 3000 watts? Either one will break your stuff, but one is 1/3rd heavier and uses your fuel 20% faster.

Make sense?

I'm not saying don't do it, I just stated my point of view about not really netting a gain, and that's only opinion If I listened to opinion I'd be running around on Nimh because lipo's aren't safe
ok i totally understand youre point of view , but lets say im already at a rolling start lets say 20-30 mph , then slam the gaz nothing is going to brake !!

and with the data log i can program everything right ? lets say im at the drag strip , the light turns green , under pressure i cant adjust the trottle with my finger as good as if i take a lonng time building a crazy data log so that the power is gradualy given to the wheels , no wheel spin , maximum lunch force ??

lets me know what you think ? im basicaly the type of guy that if there is place for a 10000w system ... its going in there !!

just like the sound system of my Rabbit ... no more space for a other amp ? i made a place !! lollll