R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tekin Rx8 & T8 2650kv kit on 6s OR MMM combo 2650kv on 6s ?????
Old 01-31-2011, 04:27 PM
The Overclocker
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by DrKnow65
Well Shawn, I've been looking at pics of the Ve8 and I have to say I don't care for the setup at all. Bad idea putting the motor and batts on the same side like that. I can't see how you'd ever balance out the weight like that.

I do however think you can move some stuff around and get good results.

Just thinking out loud here...

Ditch the radio box and mechanical brakes&servo. Keep the steering servo where it is, or maybe fit in a lay down style mount? You should see if there's a lay down style mount made just for the Ve8 (homework, don't buy anything yet). Without the Esc, receiver box, and brake stuff on that side you'd have plenty of room for a big battery tray and the weight balance would be better having the batts opposite diagonally from the motor.

Where the batts are now could be used for the Mamba XL.

See where I'm going with this idea?

yeah i feel yah but you have to look at the HHH chassis not the Ve8 ( hhh Chassis is excusively for the ve8 )

and btw i can now post links !!!!!

all these setups , same chassis

this is what you need to look at not the ve8

the ve8 hase its drive shaft scrooked , hhh is straight Big + for proportion abilities , the mamba xl can be easely mounted on the HHH plastic plate over the cd , i will still have place for a custom sealed small box for my Rx

i will ask Harley in 15 min , if its possible to relocate the motor mount 8 mm backwards since these are done from scratch !

let me know what you think !