R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - electric 1/8 questions
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2011, 06:22 PM
Wes Briscoe
Suspended

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tutankhamen
I thinks its the best time to start specing stuff. Since they come pre-assembled everything should be left the same. All lubricants and oils are allready in place. Keep the tires the same. The traction seems to be medium for all surfaces. No more than 4s batteries but open on the mah and "c" rating. Not sure about specing a motor speedo combo, but say no timing and a certain "kv" rating. And race rules like Jake suggested. These are my thoughts.
You gotta be careful about spec'ing and tech'ing the impossible. You cannot control diff fluids, shock fluids, etc. What happens when someone blows a shock, how can we tell if he's running kit fluid. What happens if your kit doesn't come with fluid in one shock? You're boned.

4s/6s batteries won't make much of a difference. Kody's setup with 6s probably won't be faster than a 4s setup. However, if he goes out there and is 20+ mph faster on the straight he should be a man about it and turn his EPA down.

We shouldn't really argue too much of the spec and tech until we get them together and see how they run. A 6 cell powered 3000kv system will do you no good if you're just blowing spur gears or boiling tires. So the car itself might be the limiting factor.

Here is a thought on spec...

Let's leave it open, but have a gentleman's agreement and a hand shook "Please don't be a douche bag rule." If your going to buy the best of the best gear, run the most expensive tires and take this uber seriously....hmm..You might not be doing it right.

If Kody wants to be a DB and run Sweep tires...let him. I really don't see why your sponsorship agreement would require you to do so when you're just playing around on the club level.

However the sweep tire shouldn't be overlooked if it's a better option. Cheap tires aren't cheap if they only last one run.