R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - B44 SC Conversion
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2011, 08:46 AM
DRRC
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 59 (98%+)

Originally Posted by Zapped
Are any of you old enough to rember these? Back when the Losi XX4 first came out, Losi sold a "SODA Body" conversion for it. So, technically, Losi had the "First" SC Truck back then. Everyone thought they were goofy looking and it never took off.
yup too old, Ive been racing for about 25 years and still doing it
these trucks were fast and way ahead of their time that is why it did not become popular

We decided to convert the B44 because we were waiting for an AE sc but was not patient enough to wait and the b44 platform is a solid car and has been winning with the right set up and drivers
With the current 4wd sc having 540 or 550 motors a center diff is not as beneficial as we think. So having a slipper direct drive gear set up would be a better set up for this. I have felt it in the track with the car being more dialed and being quick going into a turn and going out of it, while comparing it with a center diff set up there can be lag unless you put very thick oil that it defeats the purpose of the diff. It is like driving an electric 1/8 compared to a nitro 1/8 with a clutch. it takes time for the clutch to spool up compared to the instant torque an electric makes and this is how I think the b44 feels. immediate forward motion with not alot of traction lost
these are my opinions with my testing so far
thanks