R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - new racer Short Course Truck questions
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2011, 11:25 AM
ScaleJK4x4
Tech Apprentice

Questions?? new racer Short Course Truck questions

I am looking at getting into the short course hobby and I have a couple questions and in the end, looking to get an overall recommendation.

First off what is recommended, 4wd or 2wd. Please give me some pros and cons for both. I always love the 1:1 full scale 4wd CORR trucks, but with these trucks is there any advantage with 4wd.

Second, by reading thing on the internet I think I have narrowed my choices down to the Losi xxx-SCT, the SC10/ SC10 4x4, the Blitz, or the Traxxis Slayer or Slash. How is the Losi Ten-SCTE 4wd (couldnt find much on that model). Also I couldnt find much on the Duratrax Vendeta.

Also, I know it is a bigger scale, but any opinions on the CEN Matrix 5SC would be appreciated.

A couple of the aspects I am looking for is value, durability, options to upgrade (aftermarket parts), and speed.

In a way, i would like a Kit that i can have the experience of putting it together but RTR is fine. One things i am confused by is when you buy a kit, are you restricted to buying the electronics from that company as well. Or can you buy better electronics from another aftermarket company.

Also, motors. Brush-less and non Brush-less. What are the differences, and pros and cons of both.

Oh and uses. I will be mostly racing it around my 1 acre yard, maybe setting up a race course etc. Casual racing with other trucks, but nothing serious yet.

I know this is alot, but I recently got turned on by this hobby and I plan on getting one soon and a crawler in the future.

Thank you for all of your help!