R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Losi 1/8 8ight E 4wd Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2011, 08:24 AM
GO-RIDE.com
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racerx1920
anyone have a good setup for a indoor clay, hardpacked, smooth ,med bite
Our indoor track is how you describe, but varies from med to high bite. As usual the most important setup is the right tires and foams for your track. I'm loving JConcepts BarCodes, Gold compound, JC Blue foams (come with tires) and I use both ZipFree and Sticky Fingers tire treatment depending on traction.

As for setup I really like the Drake 2011 setup with a few small changes depending on driving style. The changes I make are:

1. Front Smart Diff setup with 2-20 springs and 2-25 springs. I only use this on the indoor track and it is amazing, but may have too much steering for some. It's a little sensitive coming off the straights, but I can pass anyone (1/10 buggys too) by turning under them. It also allows me to over shoot a corner and gas it hard. The car will pull out very well with the locked front diff.

2. I run the short Ackerman when the track has a lot of 180s around a pipe or cone. This further allows for tight turns and passing.

3. To smooth out the aggressive turning setup I do the following 2 things.
a. 2.5 front sway, 2.3 rear (when traction is low then 2.3 front)
b. Turn down the steering rate on my radio. I like -15%. This takes the twitch out, but still allows super sharp turning when you crank the wheel.