R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - HPI R40 Nitro Car Forum
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2004, 10:20 AM
OB42TC3

Originally posted by goldenboy
since the r40 is what you call "heavy", does anybody know the actual weights of the competitive cars ( r40, mtx3, tc3, 710/05). i want to know actually how much heavier the r40 acutally is?

also what kind of mods have you done to the r40 to make it lighter, with out adding new parts.... like shaving down things, or putting the dremel to the car.??
The others are right there; take the G4 for instance it's 1725g with the light battery and one-way. ROAR minimum this year is 1725g; the R40 comes in around 1750 with the diff and heavy battery. Those numbers were taken from 'RC driver' both cars reviewed in the same issue. they may have forgotten the body, but I think the weight is not too far off. My personal r40 with 2 oz servos, body, big tires, front diff, hollow shafts, light battery, carbon front tower was around 65 oz or 1843g. I plan on putting in 1.6 oz servos (fut 9550), light 2-speed, carbon rear tower, and possibly remove the top battery cover b/c routing the wires through it is more pain than gain and it weighs .5 oz on its own. After that it should be right about where I want it (slightly over minimum weight)