R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Magic E4 Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2011, 12:50 AM
colmo
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by YR4Dude
The idea of the front and rear sub chassis is nice but it really didn't work so well. The problem was that the sub chassis pieces were made of the same ABS plastic as the main chassis and when the sub chassis breaks on occaision, it sometimes break the tabs on the main chassis where the sub chassis attaches to. In this case, I'd rather have a one piece durable and solid graphite slab as a chassis like the FS and RS.
There are the E4D alloy chassis parts too, but probably cheaper to get a one-piece made, as you say. Without a battery hatch, it should be quite stiff with equalised flex, and it's already narrow.

Originally Posted by YR4Dude
The irony about the JS is that after upgrading the crap out of that chassis with all the alum. upgrades, I found that it ran better when it was completely stock with all the plastic pieces. Go figure. However, I think that the beauty of the JS is that it was a very forgiving car with lots of flex and to try and stiffen it with alum. upgrades doesn't work. The only way to improve on a JS is to just upgrade to an FS or RS.
If a car requires major modification out of the box, it's probably not a good car! I've got a RS waiting in the box, just have to get around to transplanting electrics. The JS will for sure get outdoor duties, that RS chassis is too pretty to scratch up on asphalt!