R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Need to settle this truggy thing.
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2011, 12:29 PM
SuperSmoove
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Both Losi and AE truggies are awesome! I personally like the Losi, but the AE is right there with it. Ive raced both, and can honestly say that the losi is higher maintenance. You really gotta keep an eye on your rear diff or else it will knock you out of a race in a heartbeat with stripped ring and pinion. I usually shimmed mine with one shim on a new gearbox and after every race i would check for play in the gears by hand. A little play is fine, but if you feel a big gap you should add a shim or two on the left side to tighten it back up. I would usually go until i had 5 shims max and then replace the gear box as the old one is swollen and the pinion bearing journals may be tweaked. This is the downside to the Losi truck, but once you get the feel for what it should "feel" like its just something you can do after a race when you go through your truck. On the upside, i think the Losi truck handles and jumps twice as good as the AE. Also, whichever truck you end up with, use Mobil1 synthetic grease to coat the ring and pinion and your shimming and maintenance should be cut in half!! Good luck in your decision!