R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya F104 Pro!
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2011, 03:40 AM
aussierevo
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I raced tonight and has some mixed results, but the problem I had in the last race I would like some thoughts on.

I run the extoek chassis, 20wt oil in the side damper with silver springs. Rear damper has the kit tamiya F104 spring. Track was very dusty tonight (and I mean dusty), so grip was difficult. Ran 2 races with tamiya rubbers and they went ok in the conditions. In the last race, decided to strap on the soft shimzu's with no treatment whatsoever. The car was transformed from sliding into the corners with the tamiya's (which I like) to 'studdering' through the corners. What I mean was that they had heaps of grip, but the car was difficult to get it into the corners without having to back off a little. All in all, the car was terrible.

So after all that, what type of changes would be suggested in such a situation. Do I use a firm spring in the rear, or do I go even softer with the damper spring to enable the rear to stay planted and transfer the power to the wheels evenly. I'm somewhat confused. Appreciate any thoughts.