R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - XERUN V2.0 Brushless ESC discussion thread.
Old 01-24-2011, 03:20 PM
cherry2blost
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by steliosh
News on the crashed bike!

I cut the cable to the switch about 5cm from the switch and test fitted the Losi switch.
The Losi switch comes with a servo plug, which I cut off and tried to just connect the three cables in the same way: The HW cables are classic Futaba style black/red/white, while the Losi are rather JR (?) brown/red/orange.
I connected them in that order and the ESC would not start... So, I reversed the order to black/red/white connected to orange/red/brown and the ESC fan started! Good!
I did the initial setup, pressing the button on the switch, and the ESC responded with 1,2,3 flashes to the Tx end points...
Good!
Then, I push the throttle, the ESC red led goes on, push brakes, red led on, but the motor doesnt turn... I push the rear wheel a bit and the motor starts!
Good... Stop. Throttle again... nothing... a push, it starts and its linear and at full throttle the led goes green...
I changed the sensor cable with a new one, same reaction. Needs a push, then it starts...
I changed the motor to a Trinity 6.5T, same reaction.
So... finally I'm at a dead end...

Where do I send the ESC to be repaired, then?!

The ESC is a black Xerun 2.0 120A, with a warranty card stating date of production as Dec. 23, 2009. It even has a serial number on a chrome sticker.

I still have to order the broken parts for the bike, so it will stand still for a while, anyway!
Steliosh I have the switches in stock in the UK if you fancy paying the postage, shouldn't be too expensive and can get you up and running sooner,

www.racersinexile.org.uk
PM me will sort out a cost for you if you are interested