R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Another one of these thread 408 & 811 !!!!
Old 01-23-2011, 11:49 PM
oggietiu
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)

I tried the serpent from a friend before and its so much fun to drive cause it handles well and has everything that I want. I came from an Xray and its day and nite in steering but I feel the Xray is much more stable and durable, hell its the most durable buggy out there. But its drive line is a bit of a concern. Serpent owners here do have driveline issue also wherein bearings wouldnt last long. You will have to maintain it like how you maintain the pinion bearing of an 808 cause they are designed similarly.

I held back on ordering the serpent because of the radio tray issue but I guess its rectified right now.

I have the 408 now and the feel is very much Xrayish with lots of steering. Very Forgiving and handles very well. Very much responsive to set up changes. Thier parts are quite cheap but mind you fit, finish and quality are top notch. Pretty Good Buggy.

I am in the process of choosing the right buggy for me so I kinda have the new ones except the serpent. I am still waiting on the complete parts with the new radio tray in it. But looking closely at the 811 and 408. They are almost identical in geometry but the 408 wins becuase of innovation. I particularly like the diff and how easy i can swap it.