R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Ask Keven Hebert, TeamAssociated / Reedy / ApexRC
Old 01-23-2011, 07:56 PM
Keven H
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Billlance
Kevin, really looking forward to watching you in the birds next week. I am also using a TC6 and would love to get some tips from you. Don't worry, I will be running the 17.5 touring amateur class. Hope to meet you and have some chat time.

Bill Lance
yes for sure always nice to meet new people ! I will be there for any question you may have.

Originally Posted by idbdoug
On the 12r5.1 you normally run the front brace. I noticed on some of the team drivers setup sheets, they remove the front brace. Does anybody know why they would remove the front brace?
idbdoug
hmm usualy I will remove the front brace in low traction condition as it seems to geve the car more steering but when the traction is high I like the brace better, makes the car easier to drive.

Originally Posted by cheehtae
GO KEVIN ,we are routing for you and all AE drivers.
Thanks !! Appreciate

Originally Posted by mikeygar
Hi Kevin,

I have a box stock 12R5.1 which I run on our indoor asphalt track. Found it to work well with Xceed hard fronts and Medium rears, front brace removed. My question is, how do I setup the car to take the corners 'rounder'?

If I'm entering a corner or making a steering correction, the car wants to cut into the corner too eagerly, either on or off power. I only sauce the rears with the intention for the car to push a bit, but still the same effect.

We're trying to get a 1/12th class going on here and though the car is really quick, it's very hard to drive it consistently with the current configuration. Ordered all the available springs for the car so suggestions would be greatly appreciated
The one thing you could try is maybe smaller tires ? Also I think my setup from the outdoor paved nats is on the associateds website and that would be a good starting point. If it still does it, you can also try a softer side spring.