R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - HPI R40 Nitro Car Forum
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2004, 04:33 AM
fastharry™
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by DOMOisCOOL
How is the Sidewinder Fuel working for you?

Im using Odonnell right now. It stinks. Literally. I've used this fuel for a long time (this is my 2nd gallon).

My LHS has Trinity Platinum, Blue Thunder, and Odonnell. So im thinking of going to another LHS and buy some Sidewinder. Any noticable performance gain? Hows the scent? Is it colored(easier to tell fuel level in fuel tank than Odonnell)?

let me say this to you....

My LHS has always sold Blue thunder....When I started in this hobby in 96,I thought that was a horrible fuel...(the std one).....

I started running Wildcat,and then progressed to Trinity monster HP)......(same fuel,a bit less oil).....But sometimes I would have a problem tuning my RB's.........So,I decided,at the end of last year,I would try Race Formula BT.....Lo and behold......INSTANT idle...NO stalling........COOL temps......Thank the Lord!!!...Finally.. ONE night of racing without a flameout....

I called Morgan Fuel,and they were really nice....The rep told me If I liked BT,Try the new wc sidewinder.........I didn't get the chance to try it last year....but I ran it last night.......It ran GREATT!!!!...I mean,that OS hauled........(and the R40 is no TC3 in the weight dept)....I was a little slower through the last corner before the straight than the other guys(the hazards of being 49.. )....But I caught ALL of them at the end of the straight)...

Heres the fuel at Horizon..
SIDEWINDER WORLD CHAMPION.30%,QT [COOSWC30Q]

Scent was OK....not that crap odonnel(I hate that fuel also)...

I'd have to tell you try a QT of the sidewinder.....