R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Schumacher Mi4
Thread: Schumacher Mi4
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2011, 06:16 PM
Benzaah
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

I had my first run with the CX on Sunday. The meet was at a track i dont normally run at so i spent some time getting used to the track again but overall im very happy with the new car. Plus I didnt want to push it too hard being a new car and having never driven a Shuie before. One thing I am not happy with the amount of play in the steering. I am going to have to get some very thin shims to get this play out as it seems its all in the shaft and bearing for the Alloy steering housing. Other than that meet was almost flawless with the car. I will have to change my driving style a bit to suit this chassis though as it has so much corner speed .

In hindsight I wish i had have started with the kit set up instead of running an LP set up that was suggested. The kit castor blocks have way too much flex in them for my liking and I will now change to the different front castor blocks especially after reading others thoughts on this cars steering. I found it would steer about half way through the turn and then dig in and feel as though it was going to traction roll and i would have to flick the steering to hold my line.

My only sore point was a massive rock i picked up on the track which popped off the rear diff fence and flipped and chewed out my rear belt I am going to pull the car apart and rebuild everything now for next session.

Originally Posted by scoyle
I have done a build review on the Mi4CX over on my web site;

http://www.rcracingni.co.uk

Hopefully it will tempt some of you to head towards the CX - great car.

I did, after running the car, end up going to the Medium hub carriers and thought the car felt safer (I never had any problems with grip rolling but just felt that the XFlex ones were too much steering wise).
Hi, In your build you mention "if you are going to do it you need washers with a 1/8th inch hole". Which brand of shims did you find with these size holes? thanks Benzaah