R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Schumacher Mi4
Thread: Schumacher Mi4
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2011, 03:12 AM
YZFAndy
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Benzaah
Hey, Did you get the drives apart or not? I tried to get mines apart but couldnt and fortunately I did not strip my grub screw out.
Got them apart, apart from one and don't know what to do about that. Guess i'll just buy more and that'll be a spare. They must have used permanent thread lock on them. Only thing i can recommend doing is boil them or soak them in petrol to free up the thread lock or something like that.

Originally Posted by jrxs-r
I do not use lube or grease on the shafts at all as they attract a lot of dirt and grit that eventually wears the shaft out a lot quicker.
This is what i started doing because of dirt but ware was very high and drive torque was locking the drive and noticeably the car wasn't as nice to drive or as quick, you could even feel heat on the joints. High speed metal against high speed metal is never going to work well.
Now i just use black molly grease mixed with some ZX1 . Use it just so it coats the surface and it wont attarct too much dirt. I tend to find dirt only collects on the non contract faces anyway.