R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - New Indoor Track In North Jersey, Need Feedback
Old 01-20-2011, 04:21 PM
BigGus71
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by uncle everett
Just like anything guys look before you leap! Bullshit walks $ talks. Keep it very low budget and slowly build things nicer if $ allows.

I've got a million guys who come out to race very in frequently. 1/8th scalers don't race enough by us, they just talk about it alot. Just be sure your clear where the $ will come from.
Don't get me wrong, not looking to build the taj mahal, but if there's not much difference in cost between a building that can fit an 1/8 scale track it only makes sense to get it. I see a bunch of people driving 1 hour, 2 hours or more to race. If we can give them the same thing locally (since there is nothing else around) I can see it becoming popular.
Originally Posted by uncle everett
Build it they will come, don't be stupid. Understand your demographic they are not high rollers so their incomes are very sporadic. $400 on equipment is nothing, but race fees are gone for the month so you'll not see that racer for a month.

Everybody is a player until you need to grab a shovel. ;-)
As for demographic, there are a bunch of very well off towns all with in a 15 minute drive. I see a ton of spoiled kids that mom and dad will buy them anything they want.
There is a good core group of guys behind this that won't have a problem grabbing a shovel.