R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Paint-jobs
Thread: Paint-jobs
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2002, 12:00 PM
Darren
Tech Rookie

Default Kick ass idea i've just thought of!!

Hi Matey,

I've just had an idea that i think will work if you want to be a little more creative + if you suck at painting fine detail it could be a cheats way out :-)

1/ Get a sheet of transparent sticky backed labels from a stationary shop/ office supplies store.
2/ Find a cool pic on the internet which will print out on a colour printer (the more basic the better)
3/ Print out an inverted version (eg mirror image especialy if it contains text anywhere) of the pic onto your transparent sticky backed label.
4/ Trim down to size
5/ Stick on the inside of your clear shell.
At this point it may look a little transparent still but put a peice of white paper behid it and it should look pretty cool against the white background
6/ Remove the card and paint the inside of the shell in the normal manner over the tope of the pic which you've stuck on the inside of your car.
7/ Final result should be a s*** hot looking shell with a sweet looking graphic on the inside??

I've not yet tried this with a body shell (will do at the weekend though) but I have tried if for demonstration purpose with an old CD case. I Printed the pic onto transparent sticky backed label. Stuck this on the inside of the CD case. Painted over the back of it all. Result a cracking looking pic which will not get damaged as it's on the inside of the shell/case on this occasion. Only problem was the pic was quite detailed so it did not print out briliantly.

I figured cartoon characters would work really well as most of them are basic shapes and colours. I am going to take a Scooby Doo pic which i found on the net and use it down the full leghnth of my TVR tuscan shell which should be delivered tomorrow. Hopefully as long as all goes well I'll put a pic of it on here so you can see the result.

Let me know what you think of this idea & if you think it would work?? Maybe someone out there has a better idea??

Cheers all

Daz!!