R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - USRCF1 Formula One national event!
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2011, 11:03 AM
MantisWorx
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Originally Posted by JLock
It is not a matter of could be, it is a matter of what is. There needs to be a little more clarity on the chassis rules for each class as to what chassis kit is and is not allowed so that there is absolutely no confusion. What you don't want is for someone to come to the race with a car that is not legal for one class and they don't have the gear to change to the proper class (ie: ESC, tires, motor, etc). Not meaning to be a pain because I have a friend's F103 on loan and want to get the HPI Formula 10. If I get the HPI car, I want to make sure that I set it up for the proper class if I come to this race.
That was my mistake , i was thinking of the HPI super F1 which is basically a pan car. the F10 will be GP2. i am working on the rules as we speak hopefully by late tonight the next final version will be ready!
in the meantime if there are any rules or you have questions feel free to contact via PM.

the general chassis rundown is:
F1: narrow width, rubber tire on f104 (style wheels) so basically f104 and custom chassis
GP3: wide track ,foam tire f103,f104w,f109,Corally, etc this class is really for the Pan style chassis cars
GP2: narrow or wide, foam or rubber, 21.5/silver can no timing ESC
if enough show to seperate foam from rubber we will do so. any car can run in this class except for Pan f1's
GP1: box stock f104 non pro on Tamiya rubbers only. only upgrades allowed will be springs and T plates

on a side note i would love to get some WGT cars!

J, your definately not being a pain, i cant think of everything and these reminders will help in the end. i REALLY want this race to be badass in all areas, F1 deserves it. the rules will evolve as time goes on so keep em coming!