R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - NEW! PROTOform 1/8th GT Racebody
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2011, 06:38 AM
daleepp
Tech Addict

Hello Guys!

I haven't forgot about you. I bought a GT2 car from Kyosho a few months back for the sake of reference and measurements etc. I want to do a longer wheelbase GT2 style body as soon as I get a few other projects out of the way. I'm much more excited about this project (compared to the GT1) because the longer wheelbase just make these cars look "right".

QUESTIONS: Are the other brands of GT2 chassis the same (or close) in wheelbase and tread width to the Kyosho GT2?

Is the body a key part of the handling package (on a GT2 car) as it is in 1/10th and 1/12th scale? Or, have the tires and suspension setups improved in the last couple years to where the aerodynamics is not so critical for quick lap times.

Is there any rules in place anywhere pertaining to bodies, regarding dimensions and wing sizes etc. I'd hate to spend all the time and money to produce something that was deemed illegal.

Guys - I'm open for to hear your opinions. What style would you guys like to see me design.
http://www.motorsport.com/photos/

Japanese SuperGT ?
DTM Series ?
"Dreamcar" type Supercar (like the totally cool yet unaffordable stuff you see on TopGear) ?
LeMans Prototype ?
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ ?

Think about it and let me know. I appreciate your input.

Dale Epp - Protoform Race Bodies