R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Interested in Blade mSR, doing some research
Old 01-17-2011, 10:28 PM
AudioStylz
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Thanks everyone. Well my TC is used for VTA so speeds are down considerably but still need some kind of reflex to maintain control. I've been watching a lot of videos on youtube on the MCX/MCX2 and MSR. I'm probably going to get the MCX2 as my trainer heli, I just don't know when. I'll use the MSR as the next step since they both use the same batteries and controller, the MSR would be bought as a BNF kit. I also know that the supplied radio isn't all that great but it does the job. The Spektrum DXi6 would be the best upgrade with more adjustments and control. I eventually want to get into the .30 size helis. Maybe even into planes in the future. Before I bought a bigger heli then the msr I would definately pick up a simulator for my computer.

I probably won't get bored with the MCX2 as I would do a lot of hovering practice, create a small obstacle course, and do some air rescues with a little string and hook setup and some other objects to move from 1 spot to another. I was told the more you practice these manuvers the better your flying will get. I was also told to try and hover the heli 5" off the ground and try to stay in a certain spot because of the turbulance can make hovering quite a pain. I'm actually pretty anxious to get one but it's going to have to wait until I can sell enough crap or save enough money to afford it.