R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Associated quality?
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2011, 06:22 PM
tc5 man
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by jmackani
I do own an xray touring car and here is my two cents on it though. Do you know why the parts are expensive? Because they do not break. Most of them are well engineered from the start. They did have a problem with the T3 front end, but that has been changed.

Now, I have two new RC8Be's for my sons this season, and the quality looks good. Instruction manual had some misspellings and reversed rear arm illustrations.

Here is where I feel the two companies differ though. Manuals and support. Xray is the highest standard for quality of instructions and complete setup of every tuning option available on your vehicle. It's one of the few companies that I am aware of that you can post on their forum with what your car is doing and get suggestions from any of the factory drivers for correct changes to try.

I have losi's, hot bodies, xray, hpi, and AE and nothing I have found comes to the xray standard.

well, i can say i have bent rear hub hidge pins and a bent shock on my eight-t but that was from a bad hit !

but, i am looking to get a rc8t ce soon the one reason i wont get a hb or a mugen xray is because there is people at my outdoor track that run them so thats good for help.

im not a pro driver just a club racer.

but dont you have to get a new xray car or 1/8 everytime they come out with something or is that a myth ?

i, agree though that the xray parts are made good but if you ask me for a regular joe club driver i think having more flexble supension really helps from crashing etc.