R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - What i did wrong ? (3 batteries to trash can)
Old 01-16-2011, 04:33 AM
jjfo80
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JKL1031
It seems to me the more expensive batteries are the most fragile.
Well that is not true..... But in saying that I am sure there is so many cheao batteries that may be good too.

Originally Posted by rccartips
I have cheap 5200/50c lipos that I sometimes leave fully charged for over a week. Abused weekly and never balanced. None of them have bloated.

Very keen mate... I am not going to judge and say what your doing is wrong but all I can say is really keen

Probably a product defect if a lipo bloats by simply being fully charged for 24 hours?

Guys honnestly we will never know no matter how much research goes into it on what makes a bad cell or a good one... All we can go on experience and word of mouth.. But in saying that ppl can have such a great run with a certain batch of cells from one company at a given time and then buy out of their next batch and not quite be up the same standard as the others and lose them all.

I guess what I am trying to say is electricity is a funny thing so its un predictable and certainly has a mind of its own and very lazy. So if it finds a way to get somewhere it will and the list goes on.
Until a battery comes out with a voice and a brain that tells us when it needs charging and discharging and then saying I am ready to puff up and blow up we will still have a topic like this that will go on for years...