R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - EPIC "D3" Duo 3
Thread: EPIC "D3" Duo 3
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2011, 04:47 PM
zerius
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I had this happen to my Ballistic not too long ago. My Tekin RS wouldnt fire up unless I removed the sensor wire. It started doing this when I made an adjustment to the motor timing right before a qualifier

I corrected the problem by removing the endbell, cleaning it out and re-seating it. Never had a problem since.

Originally Posted by bsmooth
I'm a little bummed. After reading all the good times you guys were having with your D3's, I went ahead and ordered an Express tuned 13.5 from A-Main.

I soldered it in, put power to it, and nothing. After checking all of the connections, I pulled the sensor wire, and it worked. I checked with another sensor wire, and still nothing.

I'm assuming the board is bad. Is there a way to check this with a volt meter or anything?

I hope this isnt an weakness with these motors since I read an earlier post about the same issue. I've had a handfull of brushless motors over the past few years. I've burned a few up, but never had a board go bad, especially out of the bag!

The part will cost me around $30+ from A-MAIN, which I'm not too thrilled about.

If anyone has any suggestions, i'm all ears (or eyes!!)

Thanks,
Steve