R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - T spec Racer
Thread: T spec Racer
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2004, 07:25 AM
RCGaryK
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

This may be easier:

1. You may run any 32 or 48 pitch pinion & spur gear combination, (72 is biggest that fits).

2. When racing with T-Spec Foams you may use the T-Spec foam tires in any combination of compounds to tune your car (TRI90805, 06,07, 08). You may also use track approved tire traction. You may retrue the tires for longer tire life.

3. When racing with T-Spec pre-mounted rubber tires, (TRI90803) you may use track approved tire traction.

4. You may use any shock oil, shock springs or pistons, you may drill pistons if so desired.

4. You may polish or replace differential rings and balls.

5. You may remove the rear sway bar.

6. You may mount your radio gear any where on the chassis.

7. You may add a lexan or kydex transponder mount to the chassis. Its sole purpose must be to hold the transponder.

8. You may only replace original parts with T-Spec original parts.

9. You may rebuild your T-Spec motor by cutting comm, replacing brushes with unmodified Spec brushes (SS2229) and you may use any springs.

10. You may cut off excess body mount length, use any body clips and foam body washers.

11. You may trim front bumper to clear body.

12. You may use any unmodified in any form speed control up to a MSRP of not more then $140.00

13. You must trim, spoiler, paint and mount body to ROAR specifications, (117mm, 6.6” high) (A-Machine REF1003, S-Machine REF1002).

Any modifications other than those list above will be considered illegal and will result in 1 lap lost off your final qualifying time if found during the heats and total disqualification if found after the Main.

All T-Spec races will be 4 minutes in length and will follow the procedures of the local track. (i.e. number of qualifying heats, ground clearance, placement of transponders, legal tire traction compounds, etc.).

I like it all, except for the 4 minute race deal. I would like to see 5, but that's a track by track decision too. The Street Spec series was soooo much fun, but it suffered when all of oval racing declined in the mid to late 90's.