R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2011, 10:08 PM
k_bojar
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by snoopyrc
I love Tekin. I love the RS. I love the way its badged. I love the graphics on the web site and on the print ads. I love the line of 550 motors they have out so much that I am considering getting a 4x4 SCT just so I can have an excuse to run the Tekin powered monster. I LOVE TEKIN.... So whats my point? My point is that I am still quite capable of sucking it up and buying a compliant speed controller to run this class. Cmon guys its $60 bucks, barely more than a round of wheels and tires. If you cant afford that then I hate to tell you that you just cant afford to race.... Anything.... Period. You can even do like I did and buy a used Speed passion, which is the same thing as the new Citrix. Got mine for $30. Now we are talking the price of a shell and a hot dog at the race.

I hate to see Tekin taking such a beating on this issue, because we all know that they are a fine company with an excellent product. And I hate it that it seems they are being punished for doing an excellent job producing the RS and Pro, but there are real reasons the RS is not allowed and its not personal.

So much time and effort pleading a case that doesnt hold up. Now we are all tired. Again!
+3