R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Proposed R.O.A.R. rules change
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2011, 12:55 PM
PitNamedGordie
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I've been sitting here catching up on my reading and one thing is bugging me...

And this just may be crazy talk...but it seems if some are saying that this company or that company are the ones pushing ROAR to ban programmable ESCs, with the intention of limiting Tekin market share? If that is actually the case, that is collusion and in most cases illegal in the US. Short of calling for a congressional hearing, that really bothers me. Putting ROAR rules aside for a second...I want to be able to buy the best product for the best price. Tekin has done a great job and has provided a top notch product. If this happened in a larger consumer sector we'd be hearing about lawsuits in the news. So Microsoft wants to have the government ban Mac OS or Chrome OS because their product may be better??? Um no that would never happen.

I hear a lot of people mention why do non ROAR members chime in on this subject...? It's because ROAR does influence the products we buy and race with. They set the parameters and manufacturers follow. But IF they are guilty of colluding with manufacturers to limit competition, then we as consumers need to raise a red flag and start asking WTF is going on.