R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Proposed R.O.A.R. rules change
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2011, 10:27 AM
hairy
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tunerjetta29
If the car is run on track, then picked up by tech and checked there should be no way or opportunity to change profiles. Whatever method they used to determine the timing advance of 208 should be used by tech to verify the legality of the SPEC profile that each of the top cars is running. Unless we get to the point where somehow the cars profile can be changed remotely I don't see how it could ever be an issue.
O.K. let me ask this question: IF as has been stated there Is a difference in the "spec" settings, or they are worried that there is a difference,wouldn't the race director SEE that one car is markedly faster than the others?Logic would say yes to that question,right?And if it is then wouldn't it be the responsibility of the race director to check said car?
If the "spec" settings don't make the car faster than the "other" ESCed cars then what's the problem. I contend that this all politically motivated and improper to BAN types of ESC's for a problem that has been proven to be fixed.
flame on